One way to scale your Web applications is to use more servers, as well as add more CPU and memory. Yet, retrieving data from a database remains the most difficult bottleneck to solve on the way to scale. Forrester claims that 60 to 90% of database performance issues are related to the use of SQL.
Need to Accelerate Project Voldemort Development?
Recent Project Voldemort development experience:
Leverage a 250+ Strong Team with Proven Track Record
Altoros has played an important role in accelerating release cycles and reducing total cost of scale-out solutions for a number of technology companies:
- NorthScale (funded by Accel Partners and North Bridge Venture Partners)
- PodClass.com (funded by Facebook Fund fbFund)
- MoVoxx (funded by Khosla Ventures, Greycroft Partners, First Round Capital, and BV Capital)
- QuinStreet (funded by Matrix Partners, Split Rock Partners, and Sutter Hill Ventures)
By partnering with Altoros, your company can leverage expert engineers who specialize in design and deployment of directly-addressed, non-SQL, “key-value” cache systems (Memcached, Project Voldemort, Cassandra, and Hadoop) to reduce the number of queries and improve overall application performance.
- 10+ expert Project Voldemort developers and active contributors to Memcached and Membase/Couchbase
- 250+ strong, full-time team across 8 locations (California, Massachusetts, Norway, Denmark, UK, Switzerland, Argentina, and Eastern Europe)
- “Owner-like” responsibility to “productize” your scale-out initiative
- Ready to work under aggressive deadlines
- 91.5% of team members are senior or mid-level software engineers; a documented low turnover rate
- Understanding the difference between a product vs. application
- Keep only “high-performers” by making firing decisions with 5 key performance metrics
- Access to our R&D department that tracks the most innovative technologies to help our customers deliver software faster, with improved performance, and at a lower cost